Re: 3c905 Ethernet card in promiscuous mode

On Sep 6, Carey Evans wrote

> % ifconfig eth0 -promisc
>
> But your card shouldn't come up in promiscuous mode, so you should
> still try to find out what put it in promiscous mode in the first
> place.  (Something like netacct, tcpdump, statnet, etc.)

Thank you for the assistance.  I am now searching for the problem (I am
almost certain it was my mistake) but it was quite difficut to do any
meaningful work while I kept getting "eth0: Transmitter access conflict."
messages every 2 seconds.  Thanks again, you saved me a lot of frustration.

Paul Kuykendall