libc6 upgrade

Im trying to upgrade to libc6 and following the howto, the problem Im
getting is this:

 Shadow:~# dpkg -B --install libc6_2.0.4-1.deb
 dpkg: considering removing libc5 in favour of libc6 ...
 dpkg: no, debianutils is essential, will not deconfigure
  it in order to enable removal of libc5.
 dpkg: regarding libc6_2.0.4-1.deb containing libc6:
  libc5 conflicts with libc6
   libc6 (version 2.0.4-1) is to be installed.
 dpkg: error processing libc6_2.0.4-1.deb (--install):
  conflicting packages - not installing libc6
  libc6_2.0.4-1.deb

any ideas on what I should do? should I get the new debian-utils package and
install it with libc6 or something else?

G'razel the shifty kitty
(kestrel@aye.net)
http://www.aye.net/~kestrel
found on Tapestries FurryMUCK