Re: [Off Topic] Apache Web Server and .htaccess

On Wed, Sep 03, 1997 at 11:53:38AM -0500, Anthony Landreneau wrote:
> Greetings all you helpful folks,
> 	Been ruuning an apache Web Server on a Debian box for about 6 months.  Now
> I need to password protect the whole directory tree of web pages.  Tried to
> use the ".htaccess" type of protection but can't seem to get it to work.
> 	Anyone out there have any luck with getting this to work, or perhaps have
> an alternate route to take?  Any and all help would be much appreciated.

>From /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
--cut--
# This controls which options the .htaccess files in directories can
# override. Can also be "All", or any combination of "Options", "FileInfo",
# "AuthConfig", and "Limit"

AllowOverride AuthConfig

--cut--

Make sure you have enabled that feature and restarted Apache.  It works fine
for me...  If that doesn't fix it, maybe someone else will have some ideas.

Thanks,

Jeff