Re: [OFF-TOPIC] RC5 challenge Config & Performance

Ferenc Kiraly wrote:
>         Hi!
> > Tan Wee Yeh wrote,
> > :Indeed it does but we have a lot of catching up to do... Apple's
> > :rate is currently 6 time that of ours... pls refer to:
> > :     http://rc5stats.distributed.net/emtop100.idc
> > :I'm pumping in 1 alpha500 + 2 PPro 200 + 1 P200mmx.
> >                   ^^^^^^^^
> > Bad news, this does not seem to be running.  I checked the
> > process and the guy is kinda stalled.  Anybody successfully
> > ran the client for an OSF??
> As long as you're asking ... Has anyone successfully ran the client
> on a HP Apolo 700 running HP-UX 10?? I have 3 available machines.

Should we be identifying ourselves as Linux when on non Linux platforms ?

If this is OK, then I can probably get some time on a Sun (assuming there's a
suitable Solaris package available) in addition to 14 hours a day on my home

For anyone who's not yet looked at this. It is really easy to get running, a simple
cron entry will take care of all the transfers and there's no noticable difference
in performance of my 486DX100 server at home.

    Alex Monaghan   Network Support Analyst, Royal Mail Anglia
                    London Rd, Stevenage, SG1 1AA, UK
    Email           monaghaa@royalmail.co.uk
    STD             01438 767081
    Postline        5811 7081