Re: R.I.P

John,

Did you by any chance defragment the win95 partition? We have a
machine where doing this seems to upset the linux partition - best
guess was that the win95 defragmenter had a record of the disk
partitioning, but hadn't noticed that FIPS had shrunk the linux
partition. We couldn't quite believe that it could be designed this
way, but you never know - it would take too much time to track it down
more precisely! If anyone else has had this occur it would be
interesting.

Kevin

Dr Kevin Scott
Philips Electronics UK Limited
Patents and Trade Marks Department       Tel: +44 1293 815281
Cross Oak Lane, Redhill                  Fax: +44 1293 815060
Surrey  RH1 5HA, UK                   E-mail: scottkj@prl.research.philips.com