Re: Problem with module after recompile

Hi !

> I'm pretty sure it didn't take that long on my DX2/66 with _8_ megs of
> RAM (unless I had X running).  I didn't actually stick around to watch
> it though, and it would have been 1.2.13.

Yea... normaly I start compiling - and then goes to bed ! My kernel
is a 2.0.30, which might explain why it takes a little longer.

> What were the errors?  If they were about signal 11 and/or 6, that's
> usually a sign of bad memory (cache in your case); it happens often
> with kernel compiles.

Yep... signal 11. Does that mean, that there's something wrong with
my cache memory? - or could it be because I have this strange
motherboard: 486-GIO-VT2 with VIA GMC VT85C486A PC/AT chipset ?
Understand why i'm looking forward to buying a asus mainboard with
intel chipset, and pentium II processor ?

Regards,

badpixel of bad sector
michael legart