Re: Linux in Wired (fwd)

On Fri, Aug 29, 1997 at 06:52:20AM -0600, Chad D. Zimmerman wrote:
> Installed Applix the other night.  I like it just as much as Office95/97
> little slow on my system ... but I will be upgrading it in a couple of
> months.
>
> As for file importing and exporting ... Applix Words can bring in almost
> everything that word and wordperfect can open/import.  It does not like
> nor will it open fast save documents though .. comes up with an
> incompatable format error.

That is unfortunate, because for the Word user, there's rarely
any need to turn it off, which means the Applix user needs to keep
Word around just to convert it.

How does it handle equations written in MS Equation Editor?
Can it export equations back to equation editor too? That would
be a great feature, but a big ask perhaps; right now I use
Lotus WordPro 97 on WinNT and even it can't export its
equations to Word/Equation Editor, it just exports them as pictures
(which is no good for editing).

hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust              hamish@debian.org, hmoffatt@mail.com
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.