Re: Changing mouse buttons in Xterm

David_Neuer@stream.com wrote:

> How does one change mouse button assignments in Xterm?  Is there an
> initialization file somewhere?  I have read the man page, but couldn't figure
> this out.  The default for the paste function for selected text is mouse button
> # 3, but I only have a 2 button mouse and would like to set the paste function
> to use button # 2.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave N.

You can use "Emulate3Buttons" to paste using _both_ buttons
together by putting something like this in the Pointer
section of /etc/X11/XF86Config:

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "PS/2"
    Device      "/dev/mouse"
    Emulate3Buttons
    Emulate3Timeout    50
EndSection

Of course, use your own Protocol and Device lines, I happen
to have a PS/2 mouse.

--Bob