Re: [QF] fetchmail

Hi,

	Hmm, I think we need a smail expert here. (I run sendmail, and
 have never run anything else) I also think that that (null) should
 have been your hostname, or your fully qualified domain name, and for
 some reason it is not set. Have you set up /etc/hosts and
 /etc/resolv.conf? What do you get from hostname and hostname -f?

	manoj

__> hostname
tiamat
__> hostname -f
tiamat.datasync.com
__> fetchmail -a -v
 [...]
fetchmail: POP3> RETR 1
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 2487 octets
reading message 1 of 6 (2487 bytes)
fetchmail: SMTP< 220 tiamat.datasync.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.8.7/8.8.7/Debian/GNU; Thu, 28 Aug 1997 01:30:24 -0500
fetchmail: SMTP> EHLO datasync.com
fetchmail: SMTP< 250-tiamat.datasync.com Hello srivasta@tiamat.datasync.com [205.216.83.252], pleased to meet you
fetchmail: SMTP< 250-EXPN
fetchmail: SMTP< 250-VERB
fetchmail: SMTP< 250-8BITMIME
fetchmail: SMTP< 250-SIZE
fetchmail: SMTP< 250-DSN
fetchmail: SMTP< 250-ONEX
fetchmail: SMTP< 250-ETRN
fetchmail: SMTP< 250-XUSR
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 HELP
fetchmail: SMTP> MAIL FROM:<debian-bugs-dist-request@lists.debian.org> SIZE=2487
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 <debian-bugs-dist-request@lists.debian.org>... Sender ok
fetchmail: SMTP> RCPT TO:<srivasta>
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 <srivasta>... Recipient ok
fetchmail: SMTP> DATA
fetchmail: SMTP< 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
fetchmail: SMTP>. (EOM)
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 BAA03582 Message accepted for delivery
--
 This made me wonder, suddenly: can telnet be written in perl? Of
 course it can be written in Perl.  Now if you'd said nroff, that