adding users with samba

I have just dpkged samba and I am trying to set up users.  I need to
create a samba login for everyone in /etc/passwd.  I haven't found an
easy way to do this, or any way that actually worked.  When I run
addtosmbpass it just sits.  I guess my question is what is the syntax
for running addtosmbpass, the  HOWTO mentions redirecting a file but
I get kind of lost in all of that, and is there an easy to add an entry
in the samba password file for everyone in /etc/passwd.

Thanks again guys/gals.

--
Jason Killen                                     Question Stupidity
Want to stop the IRA???  Free the north.