RE: Win 95 + Linux

On 05:51:09 Zim9781@aol.com wrote:
>>Is it possible to connect a win95 machine to a linux with a serial cable
>using PPP?
>
>--
The question in my mind is why you'd even bother?  Just use slattach.
On the Win95, the SLIP support is there, but its hidden.  You'll have to
get it off the CD distribution.  It works fine, they just don't install it.
Using slattach is far easier to deal with in my opinion.  A small two-line
maybe three, script and its done.  Especially useful for laptops that you
might not have a network card for, etc.  Works fine, lasts long time.  And
a lot less hassle.

Paul