Green monitor functions

   While running X, Debian blanks my screen just fine.  However, what I'd
like to do is to convince Debian to handle the "green" power-saving
functions of my video system.  This functions well under Win95 and OS/2, but
for some reason doesn't seem to work with Debian.

   Could someone suggest the BIOS or OS settings I need to implement to make
Debian use the power-saving features of my video system?  Thanks in advance.

 Regards,                 | Debian GNU/ __      o
 (redwards@together.net)  |          /____/ /_/ /_/\/ /___/  /_/\_\