Star Office segmentation faults, and other failures

I was able to install Star Office.  I was able to print a WinWord 2
document, and happily it looked much as it would originally.  However,
when trying the Thesaurus, and worse, when trying to convert the
Winword file to any other format, a segmentation fault was
experienced.

There has been some discussion, somewhere, of a library problem.  Does
this account for these failures?  There was an elaborate prescription
for a cure, but I let it get by me, as the lib numbers of my mutt
system may not be exactly the same as discussed.

Has anyone solved these problems?

Alan Davis
adavis@netpci.com