Dave's Messages Digest for Today

Dave's messages are now in a digest, so that he is not censored but the
list is not overwhelmed with his messages. Here's today's digest.

	Bruce

>From list Sat Aug 23 12:14:49 PDT 1997
From: "Dave Cinege" <dcinege@psychosis.com>
To: "Clint Adams" <schizo@debian.org>,
	"Manoj Srivastava" <srivasta@datasync.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 97 01:51:36 -0500
Subject: Re: This ugly policy discussion on debian-user.

On 22 Aug 1997 13:47:21 -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

>	Right. There is a reason, being friendly to Debian users who
> happen to also sell CD's. The effect is minor, and technically
> indistinguishable from the previous scheme. The reasons for the
> objection are

Why don't you stop the noise? You just love to play ignorant no matter now many
times I say it..

No one cares about the names insofar as this discussion goes. Making changes to
stable and not changes the rev number just so we can stay at a rev for a longer
time is the argument. Get it through your head.

> a) a misconception that an release engineering error is policy (It is
>    not our intention to have released versions be mutable)

It was Bruce's call, and why this has been centering around him.

> b) a misunderstanding about the new numbering scheme. (All releases
>    will be distinctly named).

Then why are we at 1.3.1 not when there have been several changes? Bruce saw fit
not to change the rev. It was not a mistake. I've seen his email that says so.
It was the hold the number for CD's....

> c) aesthetic objections to the new scheme?

Like I would have wasted at least 5 hours of my life dealing with all the BS email
just because I don't think it's pretty anymore.  : P

http://www.psychosis.com/emc/		Elite MicroComputers   908-541-4214
http://www.psychosis.com/linux-router/	Linux Router Project