Re: killing a process

After trying to kill the process..., let me make that two mirror
processes, I decided it was time for a healthy reboot. Well.... all hell
broke loose. With the reboot it left the filesystem if a not so nice
state. My mache did not come back up so I had to drive 60 miles to hook up
a monitor and see that the file system checker needed to be run manually.
Not very fun. Before this incedent I was running RedHat 4.1 on the system.
After running Debian at home for a few months I realized how much easier
it was to maintain and decided to convert my whole system over to Debian
just to make life a little easier.

The kernel was 2.0.29 and I had used alien to install mirror_2.8-9.deb

What is the Debian way of setting up anonymous ftp? Do I just create an
ftp user with /home/ftp as default? Will this carry through after
upgrades?

- ricardo@calvin.net