Re: Linux kernel 2.0.31????

> I agree with jon here.  A few weeks ago i tried to compile and run a
> pre-release of 2.0.31 and had all kinds of problems.  I went back to
> 2.0.30 and everything has been peachy so far.

There were two different threads of development for 2.0.31.  For a few
months David Miller was doing the development, and submitting the patches
to Linus.  Then a few people pissed off David, and he stopped.

Linus picked it up later, starting with a completely redesigned pre3, and
now we're at pre7.  If you find problems, be sure to report them, so they
don't appear in 2.0.31.

Dave