Re: rebuild kernel problem

Hi,

	Could the 3.0.30 sources have been corrupted? I don't get any
 of these errors. Also, do you have the following packages installed?

	manoj
from /usr/doc/kernel-package/README.gz :
Before you go any further, please allow me to point out that you need to
have a few other packages installed before you can compile your own kernels
(it is difficult to compile anything without a compiler ;-).

Firstly, you will need gcc, the libc development package (libc5-dev at
the time of writing), and, on Intel platforms, bin86. [If you use the
menuconfig target of make, you will need ncursesX.X-dev, and make xconfig
also requires tkX.X-dev, and other packages these depend on]

The packages suggested are:
devel:        gcc, libc5-dev, binutils, make, and, for intel x86 platforms,
              bin86 (non-intel platforms don't need this).
interpreters: gawk.
base:         gzip, shellutils, and grep.

Of course, pretty gui front ends to kernel configuration require more
packages, but they are not strictly essential (though quite nice really).

--
 "Seed me, Seymour" a random number generator meets the big green
 mother from outer space