Re: Debian only like larger businesses

Paul Wade wrote:

> You are way out of line. I only sell Debian and I only use Debian in my
> 'small' business. I'm beginning to think your resignation is what will be
> essential to Debian's survival, but maybe a public apology to *all* the
> Debian users is enough. You owe it to them because you have compromised
> the integrity of the Debian project. What you are saying is that Debian
> prefers relationships with larger businesses. That makes no sense for a
> free software organization.

You are way out of line yourself now.

IMHO it makes no sense for Debian to prefer either large or small
companies.
You are pretty silly to suggest that you can make a legitimate claim on
benefits from the Debian project.

> Absolutely ridiculous! You are the one that is tampering with the market.
> I can't believe that your actions are appropriate for something that is
> called GNU/Linux. I think the Free Software Foundation is lots more
> careful in its dealings with commercial entities.

I find it very hard to believe that Bruce is acting on himself. I firmly
believe that his decisions are based upon serious discussions between
many
developers. At least, that is what the outcome of most discussions point
at: many people agree with the decisions made and they appear to have
solid
arguments in most cases.

It is pretty ridiculous to just finger-point at Bruce. Partly because it
disregards his efforts, but mostly because it disregards Debian and the
way it happens to work.

> If Debian is truly a non-profit organization, then why not put the
> articles of incorporation on the website immediately. It just isn't
> ethical to ask for donations without showing the public how the
> organization is controlled, how officers and directors are elected and
> exactly what the outlook is for changing the leadership should problems
> arise.

If you had brought your points in a more considered tone, people might
actually agree with you on some of these points. But as most of your
points
feel like loaded with unbacked blatant presumption, who is going to
notice
the ones that might sometimes have some sense in them.

I just can't help having the impression that you're wildly crying loose
allegations. Where's the proof? Where's the sense? The arguments?

Where's your involvement? You are a cd manufacturer yourself. Might this
have slightly biased your judgement? Feel free to make your case as
clear
as you want Bruce to do.

Actually, Bruce gave you a nice suggestion to make cd-r's of unstable.
As
a matter of fact, I am very interested in a version of unstable. Before
LSL and CheapBytes, most of you cd-r burners were mostly interested in
making stable cd's. I would very much like to be able to test the stuff
in hamm, but downloading costs me a fortune.

If you behave, I might even want to order a hamm cd-r from you.