Re: Show me the money Re: Donations to Debian

It sounds so good, but where is the clear admission that the 1.3.1 on ftp
is not the same as the CD? It should be at least 1.3.1 r2 by now. The
consumer should be able to quickly visit ftp.debian.org before he hands
money to a retailer for a product. Expecting a software buyer not to do
that is tantamount to calling him an idiot.

On 21 Aug 1997, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> 	For those who care, the old scheme was to have revisions
>  called 2.0.1 etc, the new scheme calles them revisions.
>  old                  new
>  2.0.0                2.0
>  2.0.1                2.0 r1
>  2.0.2                2.0 r2
>
> 	There are no fewer release. All releases are numbered (with
>  revisions, not point versions). Technically, the two schemes are the
>  same. Mr Cinege has escalated a percived, non-technical difference
>  into a jihad.

+ Paul Wade                         Greenbush Technologies Corporation +
+ mailto:paulwade@greenbush.com              http://www.greenbush.com/ +