G77 (was Re: compilation problems)

Thus Spake Michael Taeschner:

>Did you try to install GNU fortran77, the real f77 compiler?
>BTW it comes in version 0.5.20 in stable (though 5.20 is known to have
>bugs), maybe somewhere 0.5.19.1 is somewhere around as .deb?

The bo-updates section has 0.5.19.1.

>Awaiting g77 0.5.21 soon,

Don't hold your breath.  I've heard that it's been indefinitely delayed,
sort of like gcc 2.8.

If you feel like living dangerously (and are using a libc6 development
environment) the egcs compiler package (experimental new gcc version;
see http://www.cygnus.com/egcs/) is heading for experimental as soon as
the first non-snapshot release comes out.  This will have a "eg77"
package, which is a pre-beta version of 0.5.21 designed to work with
egcc.

--Galen