Re: Show me the money Re: Donations to Debian

> >One of the reasons is that when people make a donation, it could be
> >tax deductable. Right now it is not. We have to get 501(c)3 status
> >with the US IRS first.

> Why? Of what intestest is that to the people that don't live in the USA.

and of what harm?  if there's enough interest from outside the US (in
donations, not in usage) there's no reason related steps couldn't be taken.

> How much in donations are to planning to work towards? Do you think the IRS
> will  allow companies to write off the ftp bandwidth they donate?
> Hell no...

guess again.  Partial usage for charitable concerns could be deducted.  However, the entire machine & network costs are probably already deducted as business expenses.

rick, esq.