Re: Show me the money Re: Donations to Debian

In your email to me, Dave Cinege, you wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Aug 1997 07:51:09 -0400 (EDT), Tim Sailer wrote:
>

> >> I think Debian was doing just fine before it started to receive cash donations. What expenses
> does
> >> it have? Can you make your books public Bruce?
> >
> >Check the donations page. It will show what has been collected. The only
> >expense that we have incurred to this point has been the fees generated
> >by the incorporation process, less than $600.
>
> Why was this incorporation necessary?

One of the reasons is that when people make a donation, it could be
tax deductable. Right now it is not. We have to get 501(c)3 status
with the US IRS first.

Tim

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
                   Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons,