Re: Show me the money Re: Donations to Debian

In your email to me, Dave Cinege, you wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Aug 1997 14:28:10 -0400, Eloy A. Paris wrote:
>
> >my company uses Debian very seriously so I think is very fair to help the
> >project with donations. I have just bought 2 "Official Debian 1.3.1 CD's"
> >from LSL and I chose the product that includes a 5 dollar donation to the
> >Debian project.
>
> And since I am in such a pissed off mood over these version number let's start on these
> donations. Where do they go and what are they used for?
>
> I think Debian was doing just fine before it started to receive cash donations. What expenses does
> it have? Can you make your books public Bruce?

Check the donations page. It will show what has been collected. The only
expense that we have incurred to this point has been the fees generated
by the incorporation process, less than $600.

Tim

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
          "The quality of accurate observation is commonly called