Re: compiling Vim 5.0l, config broken?

Christopher Ray Martin hat gesagt: // Christopher Ray Martin wrote:

> I am having a hard time getting Vim 5.0l to compile. It appears the
> configure script is somehow broken, but I don't know anything about
> autoconf or whatever this is generated from... It lists functions and such
> which I know are availible and usable as not availible, and at the
> conclusion of the process, an error message appears:
>
> sed: file conftest.s1 line 8: Unterminated `s' command
>
> and no "config.mk" files appears. Vim 4.6 configured and built fine.

I don't have the Vim 5.01 package yet, but the error message you receive
could be a typo in conftest.s1, I think.

>From the man page to sed(1):
> -----
 Unterminated `s' command
              The  replacement field of the `s' command should be
              completed with a `/' character.
> -----

Line 8 should include something like " sed -e 's/foofoo/bar/'  "
      							   ^
       	                                                  this is the maybe
							  missing terminating
							  "/"

P.S.: If you manage VIM5 to compile, please tell me because I would like to
upgrade vim as well.

--

				     Yours,
				Frank Barknecht