Re: Debian

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Chan Family wrote:

> 	I have recently purchased a copy of debian on CD and I tried installing it on my old computer, which was a 486 running at 66 Mhz  but that computer could not boot from the CD drive.  Is there any way that I can install it?

Hi.  You certainly can install Debian another way.  If you are running DOS
on your machine, you can go to the boot directory on the CD and run
boot.bat from the command line.  In Win 95, you can also run this batch
file, but it is slightly more complicated.

Note that the user mailing list is the correct one for your inquiry.

Thanks.  Syrus.