Re: Blocking spam by IP number

> Blocking mail is something that, imho, the MTA should do. That is, the
> MTA handles 'mail', like the kernel handles 'packets'. And the spam is
> in the 'mail', not in the 'packets'. Do you understand what I mean?

Unfortunately, there is no known textual mechanism that can reliably
reject spam. However, you can reliably deny connectivity from AGIS
network (a known spam haven) to your socket 25. I choose to do that
with a user-mode program, Craig does it with a kernel facility, but the
effect is the same.

By the way, I return an error message rather than simply delaying the
connection until it times out because under the Electronic Communications
and Privacy Act it is unlawful to intercept electronic mail without an
indication to the sender.

	Bruce
--
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html