Re: finger return "No one logged on." and I am logged...... (fwd)

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Mike Schmitz wrote:

>    mike:~$ finger
>    No one logged on.
>    mike:~$ finger @localhost
>    [localhost]
>    Username Real name                      Idletime TTY Remote console location
>    root     root                              15:09   1 (mike)
>    mschmitz Mike Schmitz                      20:00   2 (mike)
>    root     root                              17:00   3 (mike)
>    dialout  dialout                            0:03  s1 (/usr/sbin/pppd )
>
> Bug or feature?

My machine

<mario> aguia: ~$ finger
Login    Name                 Tty   Idle  Login Time   Office     Office
Phone
mario    Mario Olimpio de Men *1    8:08  Aug 14 10:03 Institute  55+
mario    Mario Olimpio de Men  p0         Aug 14 10:03 (:0.0)
mario    Mario Olimpio de Men *p1         Aug 14 15:29 (:0.0)
<mario> aguia: ~$ finger @localhost
[localhost]
Username Real name                      Idletime TTY Remote console
location
mario    Mario Olimpio de Menezes           8:08   1 (aguia)
mario    Mario Olimpio de Menezes                 p0 (:0.0)
mario    Mario Olimpio de Menezes                 p1 (:0.0)
<mario> aguia: ~$

what about?

[]s,
   Mario O.de Menezes                 mailto:mario@curiango.ipen.br
 | Nuclear and Energetic Research Institute - IPEN-CNEN/SP  BRAZIL |
 |                     http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario              |
     "There will be a day when every PC on the world will be a"
               "host, not a 'MyComputer'!" - mom