FAT 32

I want to install debian linux on a partition on a hard disk.  The hard
disk has windows 95 (actually 98) on it.  OSR2 release of 95, and 98,
allow for formatting windows partitions using FAT 32.  It is ok if the
Linux cannot read the Fat 32 partitions.

Will enabling Fat 32 for any partition make it impossible to Boot Linux
if the linux partition comes after the Fat 32 partition?  Will Linux
jump from the boot partition to the Linux partition without caring
what's in between, or will it say "I don't know what these screwy
partitions are in between the boot parition and me?"