Re: ide error : {DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest}

On Wed, 13 Aug 1997 adavis@netpci.com wrote:

> I have
>
>    ASUS P55T2P4 motherboard
I have the ATX version of this board.

>    32 MB Micron 50ns EDO (in 2 16MB simms)
>    W Dig Caviar 1.6G HDD, master on ide0 (first ide channel)
>
> My cdrom is an ATAPI Toshiba 4X, and it is somehow configured as /dev/hdc.
> Dunno why.

Actually,  someone has suggested that I move my cdrom drive to /dev/hdc
(this means it's on the second IDE cable rather than the first).  I'm
going to try it and see if that helps.

If I find anything out,  I'll let you know.

                     					Will

			         harpo@udel.edu
               		       lowe@cis.udel.edu
			 http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/