Swap additions

Dear friends,

I have Debin Linux (1.3.1) and when I installed I setup a 128MB swap
partition.  Unfortunately, mirror.pl requires heaps of memory when
mirroring large ftp sites and as I was initializing time stamps it ran
out of memory.

I would like to add a swap file so that I can initiate the mirror and set
the time stamps and then if I do not require the extra swap and have HDD
space shortage I can always remove the swap file.

In IRIX the swap command can be used but I am not sure what is the proper
way to do it on Debian Linux.

Could some of you guys show me a step by step procedure on how to setup
an additional 128MB swap file?  Or alternatively where I can find this info.

Thank you.

Dave