Re: kernal-package in stable not including config in /boot

	Unfortunately, providing the config file, and getting rid of
 the psdatabase* files, and also the symlink /Sytem.{map,old} are
 features of the unstable kernel-package. Firstly, I think that there
 is a dependency on dpkg-dev >=, which (if I remember
 correctly) is not in 1.3.1, and also I am not sure when exactly did
 klogd start looking at /boot/System.map.XXX files (hence removing the
 need for /System.map files).

	However, it is quite possible to create kernel-image packages
 for stable using an unstable based system, so theoretically there
 could be kernel image packages with config files in them.

 "An anthropologist at Tulane has just come back from a field trip to
 New Guinea with reports of a tribe so primitive that they have Tide
 but not new Tide with lemon-fresh Borax." David Letterman

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .