Re: xautolock not working for me

"James D. Freels" <fea@fea.rrd.ornl.gov> writes:

> I just discovered that xautolock is no longer working for me.  I
> immediately get an segmentation fault when executed.  I suspect this
> started to occur when I upgraded to 1.3.1 from 1.3.0 using the newer
> version of Xfree86_3.3.  Can anyone else confirm this before I file
> a bug report?

xautolock pl10-4 works good for me under 3.3.  I use it together with
xlockmore 3.11-3.

You should try a "strace xautolock <your options here>" and redirect
the error output into a file.  The look for the system call immediatly
before the segfault is comming.

> I also tried compiling from source and received the same
> segmentation error from the locally compiled version.

Try setting "ulimit -c 10000000" to get a core file and run "gdb
xautolock core" where xautolock should be compiled with the -g flag
for debug infos.  Maybe this give you (and us) a hint where the seg
fault is coming from.

        Torsten

--
"What a depressingly stupid machine"
                              The Restaurant at the End of the Universe