Re: Samba -- netbios

>The smbmount command can't locate any servers by their name (it works
>with the IP -- also, smbclient does work w/ names).  I think this has
>something to do w/ netbios.  Anyone know how to get this to work?

This does work, however the catch is that the netbios name must match the
DNS hostname.  So if it's DNS name is 'pinky.domain.net' then the windows
name for the same computer must be 'pinky'.

You can try using 'smbclient -L' to see what services are available on a
given server (windows or unix) and to make sure that the computer you are
on does actually have permission to mount the share.

Adam.

-------------- Earthlight Communications Limited -------------
P.O. Box 5301	            Adam Shand      (fax) +64 3 477 5463
Dunedin, New Zealand   Systems Manager  (voice) +64 3 479 0303
--------------- http://larry.earthlight.co.nz/ ---------------