libpthread.so and unstable/libreadline2

I've been upgrading a large part of my system to hamm so that I can use
the hamm version of debmake.

I've been getting _lots_ of ldconfig messages,  especially one that says
ldconfig: warning: /usr/lib/libpthread.so is not a shared library,
skipping

Also,  installing libreadline2 out of hamm,  I got
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libreadline.so (No such file or
directory), skipping
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libhistory.so (No such file or
directory), skipping

	Is something wrong?

                     					Will

			         harpo@udel.edu