Re: Proposal and questions about chemistry Debian packages

On Fri, Aug 08, 1997 at 11:51:05AM +0200, Frits Daalmans wrote:
> I have some questions regarding Debian's attitude towards scientific
> programs.

[...]

> Now my questions are these:
> - there is no section for chemistry or quantum chemistry yet in the
> Debian distribution. Do you think there would be anyone besides me who
> would like to have one? To start collecting the freeware programmature
> floating around on the 'net to an interoperating suite of quantum
> chemistry, modelling, and data conversion programs for both students
> and professionals in chemistry.

Similarly I have some ideas for some electronics packages
(mostly related to microcontrollers/microprocessors); there is one
or two similar packages at present; is there sufficient
interest for me to do some?

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust                                 hmoffatt@mail.com
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.