Re: [EXIM] inetd.tab/exim

That should be reported as a bug.  Exim does not install itself to run as
a daemon and does not install a line in inetd.conf

If you replace smail with exim, the resulting system is incapable of
receiving email over the network.

You need to run exim with -bs in inetd so a line of:

smtp	stream	tcp	nowait	root	/usr/sbin/tcpd	/usr/sbin/exim -bs

should do it.

On Fri, 8 Aug 1997, Paul Miller wrote:

> The exim package aparently doesn't add a line in the inetd.tab to load
> exim.  What should I have in this file?
>

> --

George Bonser

Segmentation Fault                               just kidding :)