Re: Modprobe error and kerneld question

Hi, everyone --

I am having the same problem as the original poster; my kerneld (yes, I
_do_ have _only_ auto enabled in /etc/conf.modules) doesn't want to
mount the floppy in msdos automagically. However, when I do (as root)
insmod /lib/modules/2.0.30/fs/fat.o ;followed by
insmod /lib/modules/2.0.30/fs/msdos.o I can mount the floppy using -t
msdos option. I have tried and can _not_ mount the floppy even after the
insmod ../fat.o is executed, if it isn't followed by insmod.../msdos.o
command. I have both fs types configured as modules, and I have done so
in 2.0.27 kernel (but I can't prove it anymore :-)) without problems I'm
having now.
Maybe this is a feature, that you _have_ to build the fat support right
in...
Just my 2 cents

DamirN