Date: Thu, 07 Aug 1997 17:58:19 -0500
From: Rob Zook <rzook@informix.com>
To: caldera-users@caldera.com
Subject: Informix on Linux (long)

Hi all,

I just heard about the following, but given how fast news travels
on the net if any of you have heard of this already, my apologese
for the waste of bandwidth.

I know this subject crops up from time to time, as people want to
know how to use iBCS to run Informix software. Well, I'm not going
to rehash that, beause at the recent Informix Users Conference, some
really important first steps occured to try and make our management
realize how badly Informix needs to port to Linux.

The International Informix User Group (IIUG) sponsored a questionare
which asked for the most important features that our users wanted in
new releases of our products. When the results were tallied porting
our products to Linux ranked number *two*. This impressed the managers
at Informix so much that they have opened up a dialog with the Linux
community. This dialog is in the form of a mailing list run out of the
IIUG site.

I've included a introduction by the listmaster: