Re: Leafnode oddities ?

> Dean Carpenter <deano@areyes.com> writes:
>
> > Does anyone know of any problems with Leafnode ?  It doesn't appear to get
> > a full chunk of news when fetch runs ...  Here's a sample session from a
> > logged in session as news :

<snip>

> What version of leafnode do you have installed?  The current version
> is 1.4-1 which needs libc6.

This is a standard bo 1.3.1 install, so it has leafnode-1.0-3.  libc6
isn't installed.

> Check if the /var/lib/leafnode/groupinfo file has the correct permission:
>         -rw-r--r--   news     news
> The /var/spool/news directory should have
>         drwxr-sr-x   news     news

Yup, all OK.

/var/spool/news is a 600meg partition.  I noticed it was almost full,
so ran texpire manually.  That removed a bit, but not much.  Then I
deleted about 100meg of articles in various groups - just the
articles, not the equivalent message.id entries.

Next day, there was over 250meg available ...  Later I remembered
that the actual article files were all hard links to the message.id
files and cross-posts.  Only had 7 cylinders firing that night :)

> Take a look at /var/log/messages too, maybe leafnode complains about
> anything.  You need to use a news reader to startup the leafnode
> server program (or telnet localhost nntp).

No complaints.

It's still only doing the partial news downloads.  At least, it
seems to be when I use -v.  Without -v it seems to run longer, but
I can't tell if it really cycled through all the interesting
groups.  Any problems with installing libc6 and leafnode-1.4-1 ?

--
Dean Carpenter          deano@areyes.com        94TT :)
Areyes, Inc.            deano@netaxis.com

To reply, remove the nospam from the address ...

"No matter where you go, there you are"  sayeth Buckaroo, across the Eighth Dimension