Re: Outputting tabs with sed

>  How can I output tabs with sed?
>
>  I need something like: `s/<insert tab here>/\t'

Sorry Nick,

I don't understand what you want to get?

Change a <tab> character into \t?

   Then you should try 's/<insert tab here>/\\t/g'.

Change a <tab> character into a <tab> character?

   You can simply[1] insert <tab> characters in sed statements.

[1] By simple I mean without big quoting.  You might not be able
    to insert a <tab> character in your favourite shell but you
    can write a little script (either shell or sed).

Regards

	Joey

 /  Mensch soll es nicht glauben:                                /
/    eMail ist zum Kommunizieren geeignet.  -- Lutz Donnerhacke /