ssltelnet - Problems with dns

I have just tried the ssltelnet-0.9.1-2 package it it seems to require
DNS for working.  I have a hosts file with the following contents:

127.0.0.1	localhost
192.168.0.1		marvin.bln.de	marvin
192.168.0.2		hal.bln.de	hal	data

I i try connecting hal with the telnet of ssltelnet I get the
following error message:

        hal: Host name lookup failure

Commands such as ping, the non-ssl telnet, and the non-ssl rlogin, rsh
works withount any problems.

Just to be sure, here are my /etc/host.conf:

        order hosts
        multi on

and /etc/resolv.conf files:

        nameserver 127.0.0.1

My local nameserver only contains the local host, but it shouldn't be
used by the resolver library because of the settings in host.conf.

Thanks for your help,

        Torsten

--
"What a depressingly stupid machine"
                              The Restaurant at the End of the Universe