Need help diagnosing (*stopping*) a spam problem.

I'm helping a small ISP in SF get started (I convinced them to use
Debian instead of NT :>), and I think we're having a problem with
someone using our site for spamming.  Unfortunately, I'm not quite
savy enough about the problem to be exactly sure what's going on, but
I (and the many people having to put up with the spam) would like it
to stop.

The system's running qmail-1.01 (We've been thinking of switching to
exim, so if that will help, feel free to suggest it.), and we first
noticed the problem when postmaster started received a number of
failed delivery messages from qmail-send.  These messages have
continued up to the present.  At first we just thought it was someone
generating random addresses to send spam to until we got a complaint
indicating that spam was appearing to originate from the ISP.

I'd appreciate any help in diagnosing and stopping this (an RTFM would
be fine).  I've reproduced a bit of suspicious log and one of the
bounces below.  If you need any other info to track down the problem,
let me know and I'll send it via private email.

There are many of these in the daemon.log which I suspect might be
related:

Aug  6 15:47:18 inside tcp-env[7395]: connect from 205.232.65.5
Aug  6 16:31:11 inside tcp-env[7490]: connect from relay3.smtp.psi.net

And here's a sample bounce message (note that there is in fact no user
named lois@fatnet.net, and I trimmed the content a bit):