Re: playmidi

On Wed, 6 Aug 1997, Will Lowe wrote:

> I'm triny to play sound with playmidi,  as users other than root (I'm
> hoping to do some serious work in rosegarden for a composition class this
> semester).
> But I'm getting /dev/sequencer: permission denied errors.

 You should have a /dev/sequencer file like this:

crw-rw----   1 root     audio     14,   1 Dec 31  1969 /dev/sequencer

 So you may add sound-allowed users to the `audio' group by typing as
root:

 adduser username audio

 These users will be allowed to use the sound devices. Note that this may
imply a potential security risk, as these users will be allowd to peek
through a connected microphone.

--
Nicolás Lichtmaier.-