Re: Modprobe error and kerneld question

On  6 Aug, Shaleh wrote:
> During boot modprobe comes back and tells me that char-mode-10 could not
> be found.  My other question: can kerneld load fs modules as needed.  I
> loaded msdos and isofs as modules and I must load the appropriate one
> before I can mount floppies or cd's.  I can do an insmod -k but I
> thought the idea was to not have to.

I don't know what char-mode-10 is (maybe you could check the
documentation in the kernel sourcetree). To get rid of the warning you
can append "alias char-mode-10 off" to your /etc/conf.modules.

Better you find out what this charmode is first :-)

Regarding the second question:

do you have a line "auto" in your /etc/modules ?

Ciao,
	Martin