Re: HELP! start-stop-daemon: no such file

jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl hat gesagt: // jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl wrote: (jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl):

> Very strange. Please provide the output of
> 	ls -l /sbin/start-stop-daemon /usr/sbin/start-stopdaemon

Here we go:
------------
fliwatut# ls -l /sbin/start-stop-daemon /usr/sbin/start-stopdaemon
ls: /sbin/start-stop-daemon: No such file or directory
ls: /usr/sbin/start-stopdaemon: No such file or directory
-------------

> 	ldd /sbin/start-stop-daemon /usr/sbin/start-stopdaemon

------------
fliwatut# ldd /sbin/start-stop-daemon /usr/sbin/start-stopdaemon
ldd: can't open /sbin/start-stop-daemon (No such file or directory)
ldd: can't open /usr/sbin/start-stopdaemon (No such file or directory)
--------------
Plus:
fliwatut# ldd  /usr/sbin/start-stop-daemon
ldd: /usr/sbin/start-stop-daemon is not a.out or ELF
                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well, that's interesting I think!

> 	dpkg --audit

fliwatut# dpkg --audit
The following packages are only half configured, probably due to problems
configuring them the first time.  The configuration should be retried using
dpkg --configure <package> or the configure menu option in dselect:
 netscape             Popular World-Wide-Web browser software (installer)

 This looks okay, I know that netscape is not fully installed :)

 My version of dpkg is :
 -------------
 fliwatut# dpkg -l dpkg
 Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge
 ||/ Name            Version        Description
 +++-===============-==============-============================================
 ii  dpkg            1.4.0.8        Package maintenance system for Debian Linux
-------------------
This is the version of the cd-rom I have: J.F.Lehmanns in Germany used the official Debian-images.

Conclusion:
I don't have start-stop-daemon under /sbin but one in /usr/sbin/  that is not a.out or ELF.
My start-stop-daemon is a perl-script, I can read its content.

--
				     Yours,

				Frank Barknecht

			Das Kölner Stadt- und Unimagazin