Re: copying text files (unix to dos)

On Tue, 5 Aug 1997, Paul Miller wrote:

> UN*X doesn't use the ^M character at the end of each line.  How can I
> convert between formats?  And is there a way to do it automatically when
> a file is copied to/from a dos filesystem?

   I don't think there's a way to convert automatically -- thank goodness; I
can just imagine copying an exe or zip file over and having some conversion
program "fix up" the end of line characters. :-)

   There's a Debian package (I believe it's sysutils) which contains the
programs unix2dos and dos2unix.  They'll do conversions of end of line
sequences for you.

 Regards,                 | Debian GNU/ __      o
 (redwards@together.net)  |      ...because lockups are for convicts...