Re: POP3 sending (was: What Linux needs)

Alexander LIST wrote:

> : Yes, this requires a username/password login to authorize mail to be
> : sent. Many providers are now eliminating SMTP relay even for their own
> : customers who might connect from work using SMTP. With POP3 to send
> : mail, a person could connect to their personal ISP and send email from
> : outside their ISP's dialup network.
>
> Is this a "standardized" feature mentioned in some RFC?

Hmmm. I ran a fulltext search of the rfc collection
from the rfc editor's web page, and it didn't net anything. I also
looked at STD53, and it contains no mention of these commands. I too
though would be pleased to see this feature so we can eliminate one
more potential security hole.

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jjorgens@bdsinc.com