Re: Debian-Lite : The Project

>Does anyone disagree with this? Are SPI happy to have this functionality
>in the Official Debian distribution? Does the SPI board have view on any
>of this?

i'm only one of 200 developers. i don't have time to work in this
project myself, but mail me if i can help you with something. i'm
maintaining makedev, mpage and isdnutils if that helps.

in the official debian distribution ? let's say : do it the debian way :
use existing packages. put your "glue" into a new package, called
debian-lite, with all scripts to produce debian lite.

(like we have debian-cdrom to build the official cdrom's, and liek we
have boot-floppies to build the boot floppies).

if you have to change some packages - mail with the author. i hope that
it's possible in all cases to make the packages generic enough for
normal (big) debian and debian lite.

i don't have much spare time, but if you have got questions, or so, mail
me. i like your project.

andreas