Re: Debian-lite

> fvwm is well documented and there are a gazillion examples of
> configuration files that allow the user to customize their setup.  THe
> GoodStuff button panel is very useful and a simple pager with four
> desktops is easilly done and easilly understood by the newbie reading the
> config files.

I don't use FVWM, but I agree it would be the best to throw in as a default.

> I would probably include TkDesk and FileRunner along with knews and XfMail
> or exmh for mail.  I would not shove a lot of appications down the user's
> throat considering that the distribution is likely, at first, to be on a
> shared disk system with a legacy OS.

Exmh is a bit tricky for the newby, especially if you want to sort mail in
folders.  Most installers will not know what procmail is.  XFMail or TkRat are
better as they support IMAP, POP3 and unix style mail boxes.

If this project goes further I would like to be involved as I have been
thinking about his for months.

Jason
jbi130@cs.usask.ca