init - xdm problem

 Hello!

I actually updated to debian 1.3.1 and after that wasn4t able to
login through xdm. The login-window wasn4t accepting any input
from the keyboard. After a while a fingered out that first xdm is
starting and then the getty is started so xdm is running under
console 2 instead of console 7. I made a simple workaround in
disabling tty2 but I hope somebody can tell how i can tell the new
boot-method to first start the getty4s and then start xdm or start
xdm under console 7 or something

Thanks

Gruss Karsten